Initial Appeal Process
In the event that a Loughborough team wishes to submit an initial appeal which is based on reasonable grounds that demonstrate a regulation infringement they must follow the below process ;
• E-mail Kath Swift [email@example.com] immediately after the fixture, detailing your grievance(s) along with the completed playing under protest form (if applicable).
• If Kath believes that your grievance(s) are substantial enough to process, the dispute shall be forwarded to your opposition Athletic Union representative.
• Kath will set a deadline by which the AU representative must respond to the dispute.
• Following receiving a response from your opposition that demonstrates a clear breach of regulation and Kath believes there are grounds to appeal, there are two options available to the Loughborough team;
1. If a mutual outcome can be reached between institutions, e.g. replaying the game or the guilty party conceding a walkover, no further appeal action is required.
2. Kath will submit an Initial Appeal on BUCScore, attaching all relevant evidence, before 3pm (cup fixtures) or 5pm (league fixtures) on the next working day after the match happened. The cost of the initial appeal will be covered by the AU, and then the appeal outcome will be decided by the BUCS Office.
• Following receiving a response from your opposition, if Kath is not satisfied that there are reasonable grounds to proceed with an appeal but the club wish to proceed then Kath will submit an Initial Appeal on BUCScore, attaching all relevant evidence, before 5pm on the next working day after the disputed match took place. However, the cost of the initial appeal will be covered by the club.
N.B. For potential/actual initial appeals made against Loughborough teams, other institutions will follow the above process.